When choosing a shrub for your yard there are several things to consider:
• how much space do you have for it?
• do you have water issues?
• do you want flowers or no flowers?
• maintenance - pruning or natural shapes?
• which plants are more resistent to insects and diseases?
• do you have allergies?
These are just some of the questions you must ask yourself before heading to your local nursery or purchasing a plant online.
The following list of shrubs are grown in the desert Southwest. Click on each shrub for Information on growth habits, characteristics, problems and interesting facts you probably won't be told when you buy the plant; so you can make the right choice when choosing a shrub for your desert Southwest landscape or garden.